Wednesday, February 11, 2009

cover letter

Katie Allen
2125 S. Downing St.
Seaside, Or. 97138
(503) 440-4340
E-mail: Supamcawesomestuff@q.com
January 26, 2009
1928 Jewelry Company
Attn: Hiring Representative
Dear 1928 Jewelry,
Perusing the internet recently, I came across the 1928 Online Marketing Intern position and was very excited! I am a college freshman with a high interest in fashion, especially the area of vintage jewelry and accessories. I notice fashion wherever I go, and I must say, 1928’s beautiful, intricate jewelry, especially the Blue Bridal collection, has caught my eye in many high end retail shops, and I own three pairs of your chandelier drop earrings!
I have extensive experience navigating the Internet, especially on networking sites such as Myspace and Facebook, and I know I would make an excellent promoter in these venues. I am extremely punctual in all aspects of my life, particularly in regards to my school and work responsibilities. I have a great eye, not just for jewelry and clothing but for typos and spelling errors as well. I type upwards of 60 wpm, and am a highly confident quick thinker.
I have worked in customer service for seven years, including two retail operations: OshKosh B’Gosh, where I was a sales associate for two years, and a Claire’s accessory shop, which I was instrumental in opening. I was a supervisor at Claire’s for a year, and I recall merchandising many of your products. My experience working in restaurant settings has bestowed upon me the ability to establish a favorable rapport with many diverse groups of people, often in a short amount of time. As you will see in my attached resume, I’ve been with my current employer for over three years, and am a valued member of our staff.
I am currently enrolled at Clatsop Community College in Astoria, Oregon. I definitely have a propensity for the arts and literature versus math and science, and am looking forward to taking classes in design. The position of Online Marketing Intern for a company as well established as 1928 jewelry would certainly open up doors for me in the arena of fashion and promotion.
I sincerely hope to hear from you soon. The opportunity to prove myself to be a good fit for your esteemed operation would be greatly appreciated. I really think I’d learn a lot interning for you, and I’m eager to bring a fresh new perspective to the table. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to give me a call or e-mail me!
Thank you for your consideration,
Katie Allen
-Let me just say that it took me a considerable amount of effort just getting this to post, so please excuse the flawed format.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I've read many cover letters during my career. I would have to say that with your cover letter you would definitely get a phone call from me for an interview. Your letter displays confidence, interest and enthusiasm (real or imagined), which is very desireable to someone wading through a stack of prospective applicants. I have no doubt that whatever field you happen to pursue that you will always get that first interview based on your cover letter. Good luck. Cristine

    ReplyDelete