Monday, February 16, 2009

Krista's OSU Cover Letter

Krista Varner
Universal Banker
U.S. Bank
987 Duane St.
Astoria, OR 97103

January 26, 2009

Dear Oregon State's academic advisors,

I'm currently maintaining a full-time position of universal banker at U.S. Bank in Astoria.  In addiction to fulfilling all my customers' needs I am a part-time student at Clatsop Community College.  My goal is to obtain a bachelor degree for OSU for elementary school education with a minor in Spanish.

Academically, I possess the qualities of an excellent student.  I graduated third in my high school class with an overall GPA of 3.8.  I earned scholarships to continue my education while staying in the work force.  I have attended Clatsop Community College part-time over the past three years.  I overloaded myself two years ago with excessive work hours, a demanding social life and a full-time class schedule.  I decided to take the time I needed to fully appreciate the beauty of a college education.  I am now eager and prepared to take on my own role as a serious college student.  

About fifteen months ago I began a professional career and have excelled in every aspect of it.  I was the highest referring teller in the district and have the second highest customer loyalty service scores in the entire region.  With raised self-confidence and lots of motivation I want to finish pursuing my dream of becoming an OSU student.  

Finally, I find being active in my community favorable to me as well as those I help.  I've volunteered a the local seafood festival, Relay for Life, and The Great Columbia Crossing.  My jobs are often small and simple but reflect on the overall success of the event.  I've met great people who in addition to being role models are now loyal friends.

I am firmly convinced I will be an excellent student at your college; my time management skills and inspiration are the facts i need to confirm my statement.  I will work my hardest to achieve obtaining a degree while living the life of a motivated college student.  i admire the numerous opportunities and experiences before me at Oregon State University.

Sincerely,



Krista Varner


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, big typo in sentence number two. I think you meant to say addition and not addiction. The rest if your letter is very positive. I'm envious of your 3.8 high-school GPA. That speaks volumes about your ability as a student. Nice work. Cristine

    ReplyDelete