Monday, January 19, 2009

Cristine

My name is Cristine and I want to be a writer. That was harder than you might think. It has only been recently that I can say that out loud and not worry obsessively about what you think of me. Silly, I know, but I do worry about what others think. The good news is that I’m trying to find the key to remove that particular handcuff that keeps me from reaching my full potential. It isn’t easy but I’ll keep looking.

I have a husband that started the New Year with a heart attack, a daughter that dropped out of college and a son that may not graduate high school this year, but I love them all and life goes on. They are actually very supportive of my desire to become a writer, although they might be rolling their eyes behind my back. (Where the hell is that key?)

I have the next 12 months to figure out what I want to do with my life. You might think that is a long time but it took me 25 years to realize that I want to be writer so wish me luck with that one, or not, I don’t care. (I think I might see that key after all.)

I look forward to meeting with all of you every Tuesday night. I wish you the best and if you are also looking for the key let me know. I’ve looked in a lot of places already and might be able to save you some time.

1 comment:

  1. I really love your introduction!! The picture matches and everything!! Good luck in the class!
    Adina

    ReplyDelete